During his “We Saw Your Boobs” song Seth MacFarlane listed off women who’s breasts he’d seen in their movies. As if this isn’t grotesque enough four of the instances he listed were scenes of rape or the character was raped during the movie.
- Hilary Swank in Boys Don’t Cry.
- Jodie Foster in The Accused.
- Jessica Chastain in Lawless.
- Charlize Theron in Monster.
Man, I didn’t even catch a couple of those. Yeah, that’s really gross.
Halle Berry in Versace and Quvenzhané Wallis in Giorgio Armani (2013 Oscars)
So the Jacki Weaver of this year turned out be … Jacki Weaver. Well, don’t I feel like an idiot.
I think the Oscars are bullshit, but I still watch every year. It’s this tiny little club of people jerking each other off. The Oscars have been bought for years. I know certain films that played at TIFF that bought their TIFF “awards”. It’s just a giant circle jerk of people. It’s become so predictable. Several amazing films will not get nominated because those filmmakers are not within a certain “club”. It’s how a lot of film festivals work as well.
I haven’t been as engaged with this stuff as I usually am, and probably nobody cares but me, but these are my guesses. I put it off till the last minute, so I’m only guessing five categories.
There could be anywhere from five to ten nominees, depending on how many #1 votes each movie gets. My predicted minimum five:
- Les Miserables
- Silver Linings Playbook
- Zero Dark Thirty
Other five that could make it, in order from most to least likely:
- Life of Pi
- Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Moonrise Kingdom
- Django Unchained
- Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
- John Hawkes, The Sessions
- Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables
- Denzel Washington, Flight
- Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
- Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
- Emmanuelle Riva, Amour
- Quvenzhané Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Naomi Watts, The Impossible
- Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Django Unchained
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
- Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln
- Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained
- Amy Adams, The Master
- Ann Dowd, Compliance
- Sally Field, Lincoln
- Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables
- Helen Hunt, The Sessions